Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

One of our greatest Presidents

I am finally recovered enough from camp that I can think fondly back on it and remember funny things. Yes... it really has taken five days to recover. I'm that old.


So, anyway, we are all with the camp counselors and they are prompting the kids on predators and prey and the life cycle and what animal is this and blah, blah, blah... I've stopped listening.

But I was paying attention when they asked which local critter was named after a famous president. The kids hemmed and hawed and struggled and came up with nothing. And then this girl in the back starts frantically waving her hand because she's got it. When they call on her, she enthusiastically announces that it is... John Deere.

Good old John Deere. Our beloved President. So beloved that we named all our tractors after him.

So, the real answer is the Roosevelt Elk. This guy:


Yes, impressive.

Of course, I shouldn't be mocking this poor girl since I had no idea what animal it was. But I still think John Deere is pretty flipping funny.

And they should start teaching history in school, clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment