Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Who decides about the sequel...


Ok, admittedly, this photo doesn't have the most to do with the topic of my post, but as it is epic, I don't care overmuch.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I had a post on my Star-crossed:Secrets Facebook page from a fan. Yes, ZOMG, I have a fan. Awesome sauce. So, this fan loves the books, loves the characters (YAY!) and is dying for a third book (yay.) Hmm, yeah, there could be a third book. There are ideas floating in my head that could make it to the written page. It didn't seem like the second book (Star-crossed:Journeys) caught on that well, so I moved on to a new project. But, since my one fan wants it (I'm thinking of Mel on Flight of the Conchordes,) I could make it happen.

Herein lies the dilemma, from the way that she was talking about the characters, I can tell that she wants the love story to resolve a certain way. In my own mind, it goes differently (think Edward v Jacob.) Yeah, I am God of the Star-crossed universe, but perhaps I should satisfy my one fan. On the other hand, that is probably not as satisfying to me and doesn't make me want to write the third book as much. Not sure what to do with this.

Anyway, just happy to have a fan. Yay! Now slow down and obey the road signs...or I will destroy you!

No comments:

Post a Comment